Childproofers.com has been in business since 1992. We provide professional installation of Child Safety and Safety evaluation’s for in home installation to prevent injury to children. Below are some alarming statistics.
Unfortunately, one in every four children each year suffers injuries that are serious enough to require medical attention — this translates into more than 14 million children a year.
- Unintentional injury is the number one killer of children ages 1 to 14 in the U.S.
- Between 2000 and 2010, on average every three weeks a child dies from a TV tipping over and nearly 13,000 more children are injured each year in the US top-heavy furniture, TVs and appliances can be unsteady. These tragedies are completely preventable.
- In 2008, 4,643 children ages 14 and under died from unintentional injury.
- Almost one-third of deaths among children ages 1 to 14 are due to unintentional injury.
- The leading cause of nonfatal injury for children ages 14 and under is unintentional falls.
- The leading causes of injury-related death among children ages 14 and under are motor vehicle crashes, suffocation, drowning and fires, burns and falls.
- Younger children, males, some minorities and poor children tend to suffer disproportionately; poverty is often a predictor of injury.
- Families that live in rental housing, are supported by young parents, single mothers or that are minorities, generally use safety equipment less often and tend to suffer disproportionately high rates of injury.
Sources: Safe Kids.org